Do people hate coming to work at your company? Are you looking to create a more positive culture for your team members? Today, I thought I’d write about creating a culture that people want to be a part of.
Every business has a culture.
So what sets the tone for the culture of a company? Company culture is the personality of a company and defines what a company, from an employee perspective, is like to work for.
The workplace should not be something that people dread every day. Employees should look forward to going to their jobs. In fact, they should have a hard time leaving because they enjoy the challenges, their co-workers, and the atmosphere.
This is why culture matters. Culture sustains employee enthusiasm.
At Ajax Union, our cultural goals are to:
1. Reduce Stress
2. Increase Motivation
3. Improve Productivity
4. Increase Awareness of Culture
5. Encourage Company Engagement
That said, there are always things you can do to improve your company’s culture. Here are three things I suggest:
1. Identity your current culture. Do you have a default culture, or do you work to create an awesome workplace for your team? Once you identify the culture you currently have, you can work to improve it.
2. Define what is really important for the people you work for. Is it acknowledgment? Appreciation?
3. Take Action and Show Recognition! People are motivated by more than just money. Sometimes, all it takes is showing them that they’re respected and appreciated by the team.
Need more ideas? Leave a comment! I’ll get back to you with other suggestions to spruce up your corporate culture.
Check out Ajax Union’s new Hallway Of Dreams! Coworkers write each other sweet, motivational messages to help get through the busy work week. What does YOUR company do to spice up it’s company culture?